Fingal Catholic Cemetery
Southwold Township, Elgin County, Ontario, Canada
Submitted by Pat Temple and Robert Moore
Elgin County Branch OGS
Revised and formatted for the Internet and Mobile Devices 26 August 2017 by BCJ
Copyright by the Ontario Genealogical Society, Elgin County Branch 1999
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, or by any means – electronic, mechanical, photocopying, microform reproduction, recording, or otherwise – without prior permission of the publisher.
THE FINGAL CATHOLIC CEMETERY
Lot 20 South Talbot Road Southwold Township
Thomas McLaughlin who owned Lot 20 South of Talbot Road Southwold in July 1851 willed a three acre portion of his property “situated on higher ground adjoining Talbot Road opposite the present dwelling house of Mr. Pettit” (currently the property at 36072 Fingal Line)to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Toronto as a site for a Catholic Church and Burying Ground.
The area is now being used as farm land.