Lot C, Concession 9
Lumley #1 is near 8225 Iona Road, Dutton/Dunwich, ON
Lumley #2 is near 8009 Iona Road, Dutton/Dunwich, ON
– On hilltop north of the entrance to P.W.C.C.
Dunwich Township, Elgin County, Ontario, Canada
Elgin County Branch OGS
Revised and formatted for the Internet and Mobile Devices 20 August 2017 by Bruce C. Johnson Jr.
Latest Revision 6 December 2006 by Carol VanHarn
Copyright by the Ontario Genealogical Society, Elgin County Branch 1982 – 2002
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, or by any means – electronic, mechanical, photocopying, microform reproduction, recording, or otherwise – without prior permission of the publisher.
There are two small family cemeteries (both Lumley) located on this lot. The first one is at 8225 Iona Road, and is dominated by one large stone.The second one is at 8009 Iona Road, on the hilltop north of the entrance to Pearce Williams Christian Centre.
Transcribed in 1982 by Shirley Campbell, Donald Carroll, Jean Drummelsmith, Jean Georgevich & Norma Schnekenburger, for the West Elgin Genealogical & Historical Society.
Use your browser’s “Find in page” command in the browser menu to locate your surname in the file below.
1. 9 foot high red granite column, with urn shaped top, lying on ground, scroll around top, grey base, with LUMLEY name
2. Red granite top from Lumley stone
3. White stone slab marker, broken at base. Initials: E. L.
4. Base of Number 3
5. Broken base
6. Broken base
7. White stone slab marker. Initials: M. L.
8. Large white stone slab, broken at top
9. Grey headstone marker, Father
10. Headstone base
11. Headstone base
12. Headstone base
13. Large white slab headstone, with two weeping willows at top. Base is broken off
14. White slab, broken, flower carved at top
15. Base for headstone
16. Base for headstone
17. Grey headstone marker: Mary E.
1. Flat medium grey limestone, which is broken in two near the base; weeping willow tree at the top
2. Large flat white limestone slab with weeping willow at top, and an obelisk beside it; broken in four pieces
3. White limestone: Sept. 10, 1914
4. Flat large white limestone slab with weeping willow at top and urn beside it
5. White limestone, foot stone – see #4
6. Flat medium white limestone with weeping willow at top
7. White sandstone slab with weeping willow
In memory of / Flemin H. son of John and E. R. / SHIPLEY / who died / July 28, 1841 / in the 19 year / of his age / Also his infant brother /