Richmond West Cemetery
Revised and formatted for the Internet and Mobile Devices 20 August 2017 by Carol VanHarn
Latest Revision 3 July 2014 by Carol VanHarn
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form, or by any means – electronic, mechanical, photocopying, microform reproduction, recording, or otherwise – without prior permission of the publisher.
Use your browser’s “Find in page” command in the browser menu to locate your surname in the file below.
1. Red granite ground stone.
1.1 Red granite ground stone.
Thomas William / ACRE / Apr. 9, 1925 – Feb. 16, 1981
2. Red granite; Anderson Monuments, Aylmer.
(Left) Lewis O.ACRE / 1895-1953 /
(Right) Viola G. His wife / 1892-1935.
3. Red Granite.
“A” / ACRE /
(Left) James A. / 1919-1971 Husband /
(Right) L. Jean / 1918-1985 Wife
4. Red Granite.
(East) June W. HONSINGER / 1894-1941 / His wife / Gertrude F. RAVEN / 1895-1974 / Laura May HONSINGER / 1888-1977 / HONSINGER /
Footstones: May, Mother.
(West) Mary F. CALVERT / 1852-1942 / George W. E. HONSINGER / 1867-1954 /
Footstones: Patrick V. HONSINGER / 1928-1937.
5. Red Granite ground stone.
Albert / PORTSMOUTH / 1871-1953.
6. Red Granite ground stone.
GIBSON / (Left) Sydney / 1896-1960 /(Right) Lily / 1894-1983
2 Cornerstones: G
7. Concrete stone.
Arthur GIBSON / 1884-1931 / Emily GIBSON / 1876-1951 / GIBSON.
Cornerstones (2) – MC
[Note: This stone was erected following the burial of Neil’s parents Cicero McCONKEY, born 6 June 1854 – died 13 July 1937 and Mary Desire PROCUNIER, born 2 Dec. 1856 – died 8 April 1931 – from Pauline (McCONKEY) McDONALD. No footstones for them were found in 2003]
[Martha nee STEWART] /
10. Black Granite, double base; floral motif with book
At Rest / Our Beloved Mother / Flossie ORR / 1896-1979.
11. Gray concrete scroll topped obelisk, open book and flower motif.
Peter R. HONSINGER / 1856-1934 / Sarah Josephine / his Wife / 1857-1931 / HONSINGER.
12. Red Granite, White Granite base; Geard Cut Stone, London.(South) MORSE / Mary Agnes 1887-1977 / Wife of John W. MORSE 1890-1989 /
(North:) Alex MORSE 1916 – / His Wife / Mary E. 1923 – / Glen MORSE 1924- / His wife Winnifred [Winnifred nee CUMMINGS] 1924- /
(Footstone) Mother, Father
13. Red Granite, double base; flower motif; Ideal Monuments, London.
/ Walter L. / 1904-1976 / His Beloved Wife / Teresa V. / 1906- / Rest in Peace.
14. Red Granite, double base; flower motif; House of Sunrise Memorials
PEARSON / Ada V. / 1874-1966 / Beloved Wife of / Henry / 1879-1975.
15. Red Granite, white Granite base; flower motif; Hutchinson, Aylmer
(East) Thomas H. FORD / 1879-1931 / His wife Velma / 1885-1962 / FORD
(West) Ira HAYWARD / 1861-1932 / His Wife / Mary E. WINTERMUTE / 1858-1939. /HAYWARD.
16. White marble, marble base; flower motif; angel statue on top
(East) Peter Davey / MITTS / 1863- 1938 / Cerinda MITTS / 1873-1961.
(West) CHILCOTT / John / 1896- 1989 / His wife / Flossie M. / 1897-1975.
17. Red granite, white granite base, Flower motif.
Ellis PEARSON / 1886-1944 / Wife / Violet PEARSON / 1891-1969 / PEARSON
(Footstones) Father, Mother.
18. Gray granite, white granite base; flower motif.
(South) BERDAN / Florence Myrtle / 1887-1946 / first wife of / William BERDAN / 1878-1967 / 2nd wife/ Bertha ORTON/ 1902- 1996
(North) Wallace E. BERDAN / 1920 – 1988
(Footstones) William, Myrtle, Wallace.
19. Gray granite, white granite base; photograph:
In Loving Memory of / Eugene THOMPSON / born May 11, 1922 / died Aug. 7,1949 / Beloved husband of / Bernadine E. M. RIVETT / 1923- /.
20. Red granite, white granite base; flower motif.
BRUNSDON / Albert / 1886- 1960 / His Wife / Lottie LAW / 1886-1875.
(Footstones) Father, Mother.
20.1 Black granite; heart shaped, floral motif
/ Edith May/ BRUNSDON/ 1916 – 1994/ Forever beautiful/ in our/ hearts/ Loving mother of Richard/ Robert Bernard Carol/ Charmaine Carmen Patricia.
1 Cornerstone: B
1 Cornerstone: W
22. Red granite; London Marble & Granite Co Ltd.
(Left) ROLOSON / Gordon N. / 1890-1972 /
(Right) Janet M. / 1895-1972.
23. Red Granite on white granite base: Anderson Monuments, Aylmer.
STRACHAN / Rev. C. G. STRACHAN / 1875-1966 / His wife / Edith I. STRACHAN / 1883-1959.
24. Red granite; Ideal Monuments, London.
/ G. Clifton / 1903-1983 / His Beloved Wife / Mabel A. / 1899-1962.
(Footstones) Clifton, Mabel.
Alvin E. HILL / L.A.C. / R.C.A.F. / 27 May 1995/ Age 76
25.1 Black granite on white granite base; guitar, Holy Bible (is at far northeast corner); Elgin Monuments, St. Thomas, Ontario
THIESSEN / Abraham G. THIESSEN/ June 16, 1974 / December 4, 1993 / Gott wird nicht mehr auflegen / ALs wir ertragon kennen./ Ich liebe euch alla und will / Euch alle Im himmel sehen.
26. Black Granite;
VEITCH /(Left) Robert / 1897-1972 /(Right) Caroline / 1903-1967
26.1 Black granite on white granite base; floral motif; Ideal Monument Works, London, Ontario
(Left) J. Allan / 1932 –
(Right) P. Elaine/ 1934
27. Black Granite; grape motif; Anderson Monuments, Aylmer.
(South) SITTS / James Archie / 1895-1959 / Hazel, His Wife / 1898-1970.
(Footstones) Father, Mother.
(North) Harold A. SITTS / 1924-1966 / Merle, His Wife / 1923 – /
28. Red Granite on white granite; Ideal Monuments, Aylmer.
(South) MILMINE / In Loving Memory of / Ira MILMINE / 1892-1959 / His Beloved Wife / Jessie MARSHALL / 1895-1983.
(North) MILMINE / In loving memory of/ Clarence R./ 1926 – 1990/ His wife / Loureine SITTS/ 1927 –
29. Red Granite;
MOORE / Clarence L. MOORE / 1895-1955 / Elizabeth His Wife / 1894-1959.
(Footstones) Clarence, Elizabeth.
30. White marble on same base;
(West) JOHNSON / Medford JOHNSON / 1889-1952 / His Wife / Bertha May / 1892-1982.(East) He lives/ GREEN/ Wm. Percival/ Nov. 18, 1905 – Jan. 4, 1991 / His wife/ Evelyn
Geraldine JOHNSON/ Aug. 21, 1912 – June 4, 1996
(Footstones) Father, Mother.
31. Red Granite Ground stone; floral motif
John R. SMITH / 1888-1949 / Beloved husband of / Edith BEEMER / 1906 – 1993
32. White marble, double base; flower motif.Harry HEWBANK / 1874-1947 / Florence HEWBANK / 1876-1949 / Their son/ Stanley / 1905 – 1980
(Footstones) Kim, Mother, Father, Tim, Stan
32.1 Large red granite on white granite; floral motif
(Left) Fennel ( Tim) / 1911 – 1986 / His wife / Isabelle A. HOSIE/ 1915 /
(Centre) Kimberley Isabelle/ 1964 – 1979 / Daughter of Harry & Ruth /
(Right) Harry F. / / His wife/ Ruth I. SHACKLETON/
33. Red Granite Ground stone; flower motif.
DOWSON / (Left) William H. / 1868-1948 / (Right) Ida May / 1864-1945.
34. Red Granite Ground stone; flower motif.
William LUCAS / 1862-1941.
35. Red Granite, white granite base; flower motif. Hutchinson, Aylmer.
(South) Sarah Elizabeth MOORE / Wife of / George A. SLAGHT / 1872-1940 / George A. SLAGHT / 1870-1949 / SLAGHT.
Footstones: Mother(North) Frank SLAGHT / 1893-1964 / Geo. A. SLAGHT JR. / 1903-1962 / his Wife / Eva YORKE / 1914-1986
36. Concrete scroll topped obelisk; closed book; anchor design in middle of book
(South) In Memoriam / Mary MILLS / 1865-1939 / Annie MILLS / 1868-1940 / MILLS on base
(North) Violetta MILLS/ 1870 -1946
37. Red Granite, white granite base; flower motif.
Burton GREEN / 1869-1952 / Leonie E. COOKE / His Wife / 1873-1950 / GREEN /
(Footstone) David B. GREEN / 1944-1948 / Beloved son of / B.C. & E. M. GREEN.
37.1 Red Granite on white granite, floral motif
GREEN / Berton C. / 1901-1983 / his Wife / Edith M. STRACHAN / 1916- /.
38. White Marble, white marble base; flower motif.
Frank L. GREEN / 1893- 1937 /His Wife / Stella HOWSE / DONALDSON / 1892-1974 / GREEN.
(Footstone) Baby MORSE / died 1946.
39. Red Granite, white granite base; flower motif.
(East) Benjamin W. CASCADDEN / 1861-1935 / Susanna LUCE / His Wife / 1867-1950 / Wm. Austin CASCADDEN / 1891-1952 / CASCADDEN /
(West) Aubrey E. / MANDEVILLE / 1916- 1938 / MANDEVILLE.
40. Gray marble, concrete base.
In Memoriam / Elias Wilson / KILMER / 1854- 1935 / Alice Delilah / Wife of / Wilson KILMER / Feb. 3,1854 / Apr. 12, 1926. KILMER.
41. Red Granite, white granite base; flower motif.
(South) Melvin LAUR / 1858-1947 / His Wife / Nancy C. SUMMERS / 1858-1943 / LAUR.
(Footstones) Mother, Father.
(North) Grace L. BROOKS / 1896-1981.
42. Black Granite, white granite; flower motif
(West) CARTER /
(Left) Mahlon Day / 1922-1985 / His Wife / Mathilda BALTHES / 1926- /
(Right) George Elmer / 1888-1971 / His Wife / Flossie L. LAUR / 1892-1987.
(Footstone) Father, Mother
(East) MILLER / Wray Stuart / 1920 – 1990 / His Wife Muriel CARTER / 1917- /
43. Red Granite, white granite base: flower motif.
CARTER / Everitt / 1908 – 1961 / His Wife / Ruby JOHNSON / 1911- / (Left) Leon E. / CARTER / 1910-1977 / Husband /(Right) Lela GARNHAM / 1903- 1989 /
(Footstones) Everitt, Leon, Lela
44. Black Granite, concrete base; flower motif.
CARTER (Left) Maynard C. / 1882- 1935 (Right) Emma B. / 1880-1966.
45. Red Granite; leaf motif.
Joseph SCANLAN / 1865-1937 / Eva May His wife / 1882-1969.
46. Red Granite, concrete base; flower motif. Ground stone.
(Footstones) Mother, Father.48. Red Granite, white granite base; Lodge (IOOF) Symbol, maple leaf motif.
McGREGOR / Odber M. / 1895-1963 / Nellie GREEN / His Wife / 1892-1966.49. Gray Granite, double base; Bradfield, Simcoe.
In Loving Memory / Cecil H. LANGFIELD / 1913-1982 / His Wife / Hazel M. PALMER / 1914- / At Rest.50. Large Red Granite, white granite base; Anderson Monuments, Aylmer.
GODWIN / Harry L. / 1886-1968 / His Wife / Bertha KNOTT / 1882-1972 / (Left) FULLER / James A. / 1911- 1983 / His Wife / Zita GODWIN / 1911- / (Right) CALDWELL / Martin T. 1908- 1989 / His Wife / Addie GODWIN / 1913- /
Footstones: James, Martin, Mother, Father51. White Granite, White Granite base; flower motif.
(North) “H” / Ilah Mae HARRISON / Daughter of William and Frances / PHILLMORE / Born May 1, 1901 / Died July 15, 1968.
(South) “P” / William PHILLMORE / Born 1867-Died 1929 / Frances – LONGWORTH / His Wife / Born 1879 – Died 1936 / PHILLMORE.
52. Concrete Cross; IHS on cross
(South) In / Memory / of / Lilliam Wife of / Geo R. SMITH / 1895- 1929
53. Red Granite Ground stone.
Elva May LEE / Wife of / Thomas W. ADLINGTON / 1904-1931.
54. Red Granite Ground stone.
Sarah Ann LEE / 1881-1961 / Daughter of / Wm & S. BEATTIE.
Charles LEE / Aug. 27, 1875 / Feb. 2, 1964
Ambrose TRIBE / 1874-1933 / Pearl TRIBE / KULP / 1886-1943 / TRIBE.
(Left) Lewis Eugene / Aug. 18, 1823 / Apr. 12, 1994/ Wedding Ring / Dec. 6, 1952 / (Right) Elsie Charlotte/ Oct. 7, 1934
ACRE58. Red Granite, raised top.
Peter BUCK / 1882-1954 / His wife / Nora MORSE / 1884-1981.
(Footstone) Baby.59. Gray marble block.
Allan / son of / Allan & Pearl / SMITH / age / 7 ms & 10 ds.
61. Black Granite block.
Eugene Ray / son of / R. & A. / TOMLINSON / 1914-1916.
Lewis E. son of / J. L. & M. S. / MOORE / 1915-1919 / Asleep in Jesus.
63. Gray Marble.At Rest / George MITCHELL / Died May 8, 1920 / In His 71st year / Lura MITCHELL / Died Aug 5,1931 / In Her 77th year / MITCHELL.
64. Red Granite.
(North) GLOVER / James B. GLOVER / 1863-1915 / Addie S. / His Wife / 1864-1928
(South) Ward GLOVER / 1903-1955 / His wife/ Edna A. HODGKIN/ 1910 – 1990
(Footstones) Ward, Edna
2 Cornerstones: G
65. Red Granite, base; floral motif; Hutchinson, Aylmer.
(West) FIRBY / Thomas W. FIRBY / Died Feb.22,1927 / In His 81st year / Amanda C. wife of / Thos. W. FIRBY. Died Mar.19,1922 / In her 77th year.
(East) Robt. W. FIRBY / Died Nov.15,1941 / in his 73rd year / Anice A. FIRBY / died Nov.14, 1959 / In her 85th year.
(Footstones) Anice, Robert.
66. Red granite, floral motif.
(West) George Harvey FIRBY / 1854-1933 / His Beloved Wife / Eliza L. FIRBY / 1858- 1935 / FIRBY
(East) James E. SMITH / 1889-1972 / His Beloved Wife / Florena A. SMITH / 1892-1981 / SMITH
(Footstones) Mother, Father, Flo, Ted.67. Large Red granite with white granite vault top.
(West) Samuel Burton / son of / Thomas O.& Belma PEARSON / 1910-1914 / PEARSON
(East) Thomas O. PEARSON / May 22,1864 / Jan.25,1935 / Belma J. His Wife / 1880-1965.
(Footstones) Burton, Mother, Father.
68. Large Red granite with vault top.
(West) “A” / David Nelson ANGER / Sept.24,1849- Nov.1,1922 / Edney Ann ANGER His Wife / Sept.16,1860-Jan.20,1950 / Gilbert ANGER / Mar. 26, 1882-Oct. 28,1933, / Olive E. ANGER His Wife / Oct.6.1882- Oct.5,1956 / ANGER /
69. Large Red Granite, vault top; Hutchinson, Aylmer; two trees on either side
(West) ” V” / John VEITCH / July 28,1834 / Dec. 3, 1913 / Jane VEITCH / May 22, 1841 / Dec. 13, 1929 / VEITCH on base
(Footstones) Father, Mother, F.H.V., Edith.
(North) Frank H. VEITCH / 1865-1946 / Mary Edith / VEITCH / 1870-1949.
(South) William M. / VEITCH / Jan. 27, 1862 / Mar. 28, 1865 /
(East) Allan O. VEITCH / 1860-1929 / His Wife / Edna J. COOK / 1862-1943 / John C. 1887-1975 / Margaret P. 1888-1962 /
(Footstones) J.C.V., M.P.V., A.O.V., Edna J.
70. Black Granite.
CLARKE (on top) James G. CLARKE / 1855-1944 / Elva M. /Wife of / James G. CLARKE / 1858- 1924 / Mrs. Nancy SCOTT / 1846-1922
71. Red Granite ground stone, white granite base; floral motif; Ideal Monuments, London.
LAING / In Loving Memory of / (Left) Dorothy M. / 1918- / (Right) Charles G. / 1912-1980
72. White marble, double base; floral motif.
LAING / C. Lorne LAING / 1879- 1944 / Myrtle E. His Wife / 1880-1955.
(Footstones) Myrtle, Lorne.
72.1 Red granite on white; corner flowers motif; “Together forever”
LAING (Left) James L. LAING / 1914 (Right) Vera J. / CRAMMOND/ 1914
Footstones: Josephine, Father, Mother, James
73. Gray Granite on field stone base.
(top) Josephine LAING / 1858 – 1936 /
(West) LAING / George LAING / May 7, 1833 / Feb. 24,1920 / Penelope A. LAING / Feb. 19, 1837 / Jan 14, 1914 / James Calvin LAING 1879-1934 /
74. Red granite, white granite base; Floral motif.
Jesse W. POUND / 1859-1949 / Gertrude His Wife / 1858-1921 / POUND
(Footstone) Jesse 1 Cornerstone: P
75. Red granite base; Floral motif.
(West) At rest / Pearl, wife of / Sydney RAVEN / 1891-1921 / RAVEN on base
(East) Albert E. MORSE / 1861-1937
(South) Martha J. his wife / 1861-1934 / William A. MORSE / 1899- 1988/ wife / M. Joy FIRBY / 1904-1985 / MORSE
(Footstones) Pearl (not there 1997), Mother, Mother.
76. Red granite, base; Floral motif
BERDAN / O. Eugene BERDAN / 1892-1960 / his wife / Edna Vera MORSE / 1894-1974
77. White marble, double base; floral motif.
(West) David WINTERMUTE / 1845-1926 / George H. / WINTERMUTE / 1839-1923 / Mary M. / Mother of Benjamin HAINES / 1841- 1926 / WINTERMUTE on base
(East) P. Benj. HAINES / 1868-1937 / Ella E. HAINES / 1873- 1930 / Their dau. / Erie B. HAINES / 1896-1959/ HAINES on base
(Footstone) Erie ( not present in 1997)
78. Red granite. base; floral motif. Hutchinson, Aylmer
At Rest / Frank L. son of / W. B.& Edith FIRBY / died July 6, 1924 in his 17th yr. / William B. FIRBY / Died Mar.27,1947-aged 79 yrs. / Edith FIRBY Died July 5, 1962 -aged 88 yrs / John Henry son of / Harold & Ila NELSON / Feb.6,1932 – Aug.8,1933 /
(East) At Rest / Sarah Jane wife of / Wm. WINTERMUTE / Died Jan.19, 1925 in her 80th yr. / Wm. WINTERMUTE / Died Jan. 16, 1928, in his 86th yr. / Harold Maurice NELSON / 1901-1985/ Ila May FIRBY his wife / 1904-1970 / WINTERMUTE
(Footstones) Harold, John, Ila, Frank, Sarah, William, Edith.
79. White marble, scroll shaped
(North) Beecher NOELS / 1880-1955 / Ella May PRESSEY / His Wife / 1887-1972.
(South) Hazel NOELS DURDLE/ 1908 – 1932 / Bertson Ray / 1923 – 1924
80. Red granite Ground stone. Floral Motif.
Albert COULTER / 1906-1960 / His wife Violet NOELS
81. Red Granite Ground stone.
Leslie HARDWICK / 1902-1956
82. Large Black Granite, White Granite base; Ideal Monuments, London.
BENNER / (Right) Arthur L. / 1899-1973 / His Wife / Cora Mae / 1898-1969.
(Footstones) Mother, Father.82.1 Funeral home marker from Ostrander’s Funeral Home
Murray A. NOELS, 1928 – 1996
82.2 Large black granite on black granite base, rose motif
(North) JOHNSON / Condon Morley / November 12, 1915 – February 18, 1992 / Catherine (Irene) GRANT / June 25, 1923
(Bottom) wedding rings/ Oct. 23, 1954
(South) JOHNSON / Cam JOHNSON / June 14, 1956
4 Cornerstones: J
82.3 Grey granite on white granite; fisherman scene
(South) MORSE (Left) Robert J. S./ Jan. 27, 1964 / Sept. 16, 1994 /
(Right) Albert W. R./ Nov. 11, 1962
Footstones: Robert J. S./ MORSE/ 1964 – 1994 /
(North) corner rose motif, Together Forever /MORSE / Married May 24, 1961 /
(Left) Mary L./ MACDONALD/ Sept. 17, 1941 /
(Centre) praying hands & cross (Right) Steven E./ MORSE / May 16, 1942 /
(Bottom) Parents of Albert, Robert, Leona, & Beverly
83. Black Granite, concrete base.
WINTERS / (Left) Harry / 1905 – 1985 (Right) Evelyn / 1905-1963.
[ Gladys 1918 – / – not there in 1997]
84. Red Granite, raised top, corner roses
Together Forever / PALMER ( Left) Vera B. / NOELS / 1916- 1995 / wife of / John W. / PALMER / 1907-1977
85. Red Granite, White Granite base.
BAKER / Dollie BAKER / 1880-1965 / Beloved Mother of / Orren BAKER / 1901-1969.
86. Red Granite, White Granite base.
David FIRBY / 1858-1939 / Elizabeth ACRE / His Wife / 1863-1936 / FIRBY.
87. Black Granite.
James W. HERMAN / 1861-1942 / Jennie His Wife / 1875-1953 / Walter B. HERMAN / 1898-1926/ W. E. (Tib) 1899-1986
88. Black Granite, raised top., floral
89. White Granite, base; fishing line with fish motif; Bradfield, Simcoe.
(Left) Edythe O. / SOMMERS / 1915 – /
(Right) Archie F. / BARHAM / 1913-1979
90. Red Granite; Ideal Monuments, London.
(Left) / 1882-1972
(Right) Ella / Mar. 29, 1968 /
(Centre) Jenny Marjory / 1896 McKIBBIN 1981 / I Know that My Redeemer Liveth.
Footstones: Ella, Alberta, Jenny
91. White Marble, Wreath Motif with ribbon
Husband / In memory of / Andrew JOHNSON / who died / June 15.1880 / aged 49 yrs & 5 mo’s.
92. Small White Marble Column.
(East) Sylvester / COOK / Born / Dec. 11, 1815 / died June 16, 1890 / Children of Sylvester & Caroline / COOK.
(North) James H. / died Sep. 8,1851 / AE 4 ms & 26 ds / Caleb / died Aug 29,1852 / AE 9 ys & 29 ds / Sacred Forever from Busy Life / They Sleep in this Lone spot / / But oh, amid Earth’s Joys / They ne’er shall be forgot.
(West) Ida P. / died / Oct. 27,1859 / aged / 6 ys 11 ms / & 27 ds / At Rest.
(South) Willard S. / died / Sept. 29,1881 / aged / 19 ys 7 ms / & 24 ds.
Footstones: Mother, Father
93. Black Granite ground stone.
(Left) Linwood / 1880-1976. His wife / Elizabeth / 1877-1941. /
(Right) A. Ray / 1902-1982 / His Wife Laura E. / 1900 – 1981 /
(Bottom) Gladys B. 1911- 1919 / dau of Linwood & Elizabeth
94. Gray Marble; 2 willows- hand holding book motif.
95. Gray marble Column, urn missing.(West) In / Memory of / Samuel / McGREGOR / who died / July 26,1894 / aged / 82 years / & 6 ms.(North) In / Memory of / Sarah A. / Wife of Samuel / McGREGOR / died / Mar. 20, 1899 / In her / 84th year / Jesus can make a / dying bed feel soft / as downy pillows / are. While on his / breast / leaning head. And breathe my / life out sweetly there / O land of rest for thee I sigh / when will my moments come? When I must lay my armor by / And dwell with Christ at home.(East) McGREGOR.
96. Gray Marble Scroll top obelisk. (Barely legible 1997)In Memory of / William / son of / Delorma & E. Jane / SMITH / who died / Oct.10, 1891 / aged 34 yrs & 6 mos.
97. Tall Gray marble, base, scroll top obelisk; closed Holy Bible.
(South) Jane / BRADLEY / SMITH / WAGNER / Feb 4,1837 / died / Mar. 22,1923.
(On base) SMITH
(North) In / Memory of / Delorma / SMITH / who died / August. 25,1894 / aged 82 years / 11 ms & 21 ds.
(West) At Rest/ Lee Memorials, Aylmer
98. Gray Marble
In Memory of / Etta May / dau of / Wm & Serena / BEATTIE / died / Sept 25,1891 / aged / 2 mos & 4 dys / Our darling Etta May / Was Blessed by the Lord / this day / And when we’re done with / earthly care / We’re onto meet our darling.
99. Red Granite, White Granite base, floral motif; Hutchinson, Aylmer
(West) BEATTIE / William BEATTIE / May 26, 1853 – Jan 10, 1929 / Serena, His Wife / Sept. 21, 1857 – Dec.23,1928 / Myrtle BEATTIE / July 29, 1888 – Jan. 19, 1929./ Will BEATTIE/ Aug. 3, 1884 – Nov. 25,1953
100. Large Black Granite, floral motif
(Footstones) Hazel V. dau. of / G.T. & E.M. MOORE / 1902 – 1904 / Father / George T. MOORE / 1872 – 1929 / Mother / Ella M. MOORE / 1877-1949 / Hugh M. son of / G.T. & E.M. MOORE / 1905-1951.
101. Black Granite, double base; Open Book.
CARTER (Left) Justine 1946 – 1989 / Wife (Right) Larry A. / 1944-1976 / Husband.
102. Granite, sloped top; Holy Bible Open Gates motif on closed book; gates ajar At Rest on ribbon above gates
(South) Nina A. wife of / James JOHNSON / 1871-1905 / James A. JOHNSON / 1877-1926 / JOHNSON on base
(North) Harry O. JOHNSON / 1893-1932 / Wife / Hattie JOHNSON MEEUSE / 1887-1964
(Footstones) Hattie, Harry. (Gone in 1997)
103. Concrete Stone.
George A. / BLUNDELL / died / Sept 7, 1907 / 33 years & 4 mos / BLUNDELL.
104. Gray Marble.(On top) WHEATON / John WHEATON / 1831-1906 / Mary WHEATON / 1837- 1926.
105. Black Granite; Atkinson Co. Simcoe.NELLES / At Rest / Warner NELLES / 1838-1900 / Elizabeth His Wife / 1843-1916.
106. Gray Granite Obelisk with vault top; Atkinson Co. Simcoe.(East) Nancy A. / Wife of / William B. / CASCADDAN / died Jan. 22, 1899 / In her 84th year / CASCADDEN on base(South) Alexander / CASCADDAN / died / Feb. 9, 1903 / In his 65th year.(North) Elizabeth M. / Wife of / E. GARNER / died / Aug. 8, 1891 / In her 39th year.
107. Gray Marble, floral motif
(West) MILLS / George Washington / MILLS / 1839-1912 / Catharine McKENZIE / His Wife / 1843-1929 / Albion MILLS / 1875-1890 / At Rest
(East) Oscar MILLS / 1884-1928.
108. Concrete stone.
(South) Nellie WINTERMUTE / wife of / George BOWEN / born 1883- died 1912 /
(West) “W” / In memory of / John WINTERMUTE / who died / April 8,1904 / In his 49th year / His wife / Agnes WILLISON / who died / Aug.29, 1940 / In her 88th year / WINTERMUTE on base
109. Small Concrete stone.
Omar (on top) / NEVILLE / died May 27,1894 / aged / 56 years.
110. Small Concrete stone.Father (on top)/ Andrew NEVILLE / died / Feb. 21, 1886 / aged 80 ys 17 ds.
111. Black granite, base; leaf motif.
COOK / Calvin COOK / 1845-1901 / Jennie his wife / 1850-1885 / Frank a son / 1875-1886 / Addie Penelope / a dau / 1878-1913.
111.1 Black granite Ground stone.
(Left) G. Bruce / 1896-1966 / husband
(Centre) In Loving Memory /
(Right) Ida E. / 1894-1985 / wife.
112. Black Granite, roll on top; Lodge Symbols of crown & C.F.L.B.C.; open book – Holy Bible
(West) William A. MORSE / born Feb. 26, 1852 / died Dec. 13, 1922 / Rosaline his wife / 1852-1931 / MORSE on base
(East) Hiram K. MORSE / 1853-1941 / Eliza his wife / 1853-1915 / Rose, their daughter / 1887-1907.
(Note: Birth years for Hiram and Eliza were originally given in error as 1873. The death notice in the St. Thomas Times-Journal, Dec. 27, 1941, p. 7, c. 3 gives that Hiram K. MORSE, 89 years, died Dec. 27, father of Leonard, John and Bruce MORSE, Mrs. SCANLAN and Mrs. Peter BUCK; brother of Edna and Lottie MORSE and Mrs. Major JONES. William A. MORSE was a cousin of Hiram K. MORSE. – CVH, BCJ, Feb, 2004)
113. Small White Marble double headed; lamb on both sides.
(Left) Edward / died / May 22,1882 / aged 3 yrs 7 mos / & 28 days
(Right) Levina / died / May 23,1882 / aged / 6 yrs 8 mos / & 23 days / Children of H. A. & Eliza MORSE verse illegible.
114. White marble; willow motif.
Seth / Husband of Francis J. / COOK / died / Feb. 23,1859 / AE 34 yrs 6 m / & 23 days.
115. White marble; badge shaped symbol, There is Rest /Wellington COOK / died / Sept.18th 1864 / aged 29 yrs.
116. White marble; Masonic Symbol.In / Memory of / Caleb COOK / who died / Nov. 13, 1873 / aged / 83 yrs & 7 ms / verse illegible. (Not visible in 1997)
117. White marble; willow motif.In Memory / of Mary Ann / daughter of / Isaac & Amy / HUNT / died / June 19, 1854 / AE 26 ys 4 ms & 5 ds / Also / Likewise Rozyette / daughter of I. & A. HUNT / died / Jan.17, 1856 / aged 2 yrs / & 8 ms. – [buried in ground, 1997]
118. White marble
G. W. REDWAY / died / Sept. 3rd 1852 / AE 24 yrs & 6 mo / Kirk / son of G. W. & Eliza REDWAY / died Sept.16, 1852 / AE 1 yr & 5 m / George / their infant son / died Feb. 4, 1853. /AE 5 wks.
[buried in ground 1997]
119. White marble, willow motif.
In / memory of / Jane GREANVAULT / who died / Mar.10,1854 / aged 64 yrs.
120. Black Granite ground stone.
BEEMER / (Left) Keith Wm. / 1925 – 1996/ (Centre) Emerson I. / 1919 – / (Right) Kenneth H. / 1913-1979.
121. Red Granite, concrete base; floral motif.
LAUR / (Left) Ruby O. LEE / 1910 – 1996 / (Centre) wife of / (Right) Dellmer D. / 1906 – 1976
122. Black Granite, concrete base, floral motif
Michael J. (Mike) / HONSINGER / Nov. 19, 1944 / Mar. 2, 1976
122.1 Black granite, book design
(Left) L. Ruth PALMER/ 1918 – 1994
(Right) George Waite / 1914 – 1989
122.2 Black granite on grey granite, floral motif; Bradfield Monuments, Tillsonburg
Brian Derek/ NEAL/ 1932 – 1991
122.3 Black granite ground stoneIn loving memory / Fred A. MISNER / 1893 – 1983
122.4 Black granite on grey granite base, ribbon on centre with MITTS – Ideal Monuments, London
(Left) Dorothy A. / LONSBARY/ 1924
(Right) Russell D./ MITTS/ 1918 – 1985
122.5 Black granite on grey granite base, floral motif – Ideal Monuments, London
In loving memory / MITTS /
(Left) Donalda W./ FALKINS/ Dec. 31, 1948 /
(Right) Raymond R. / MITTS / Sept. 11, 1944 / May 30, 1987/ Parents of David & Denise
123. White Marble, concrete base; floral motif; Hutchinson & Miller, Aylmer.
At Rest / In / Memory of / Margaret / wife of / Richard SIMMONDS / who died / April 11, 1885 / aged 75 yrs 5 mos / & 12 days / What though her aged form decay / And moulder in the tomb / Her spirit lives in realms of day / Enjoying endless bloom.
124. White Marble rectangular stone; willow motif.In memory of / Samuel D. SPORE / died / Jan. 4, 1855 / aged 27 yrs 2 mos & 26 ds.125. White Marble rectangular stone; willow motif.
In Memory of / Eleazr M. DAVIS / died / July 14, 1859 / AE 28 yrs / & 10 ms
126. White Marble rectangular stone; flowers – angel with baby motif, broken
In Memory of / Wm. Henry / son of Geo. W.& Mary S. / WHITE / died / Feb.13, 1871/ AE 4 ms & 9 da. / Our … / For the dark and silent tomb / closed his eyes in deathless slumber / Faded in his early bloom.
127. White Marble; flowers – lamb motif. (Barely legible – 1997)
In Memory of / James G. / GIBBONS / died / Aug.13, 1867 / AE 2 yrs.
128. Concrete scrol on top of log.
Our darling / Andy Lee / son of Wm.& Harriet / THIMENS / died Mar. 29, 1897 / age 8 mo. 12 da.
129. Gray granite military stone; maple leaf and cross.
3134476 Private / Owen James ANGER / West Ont. Regt. C.E.F. / 13th. Oct. 1918 / Gone but not forgotten.
129.1 Reg granite on grey granite
The expansion of this cemetery was made possible by the generous / donation of land by Violet / STANAT and family in 1991 / In memory of Arthur STANAT.
130. White Marble, double base; Woodmen of the World symbol, woman hanging onto cross – Lee Memorials, Aylmer
(North) Love / Life / Truth / Rock of Ages / Erected by the Woodmen of World. / Alvah O. ANGER / died Dec.6 1913 / In his 49th year / ANGER on base
(South) Nancy / 1871 – 1938 / Lena May / 1897 – 1969.
131. Red granite, white granite base; Hutchinson, Aylmer; Lee Memorials, Aylmer.
CASCADDEN (on top)/ Hugh CASCADDEN / 1819-1905 / Laura his wife / 1828-1912 / Harvey their son / 1849-1881 / W. H. CASCADDEN / 1861-1935.
132. White marble rectangular stone.
My Husband (in centre of circle) / In / memory of / G. S. CHIVERTON / who died / May 2,1886 / aged / 36 yrs 9 mos / & 3 ds / A loving friend a husband dear / A tender parent lieth here / Great is the loss that we sustain / But hope in heaven to meet again.
133. White marble; Hutchinson & Miller, Aylmer.
Farewell Dear Wife (on top) / At Rest / In memory of / Deborah Ann / beloved wife of / W. T. CHIVERTON / who died / Mar. 8, 1884 / 61 yrs 1 mo / & 28 days / Gone But Not Forgotten / She was a tender mother here / And in her life the Lord did fear / We trust our loss will be her gain / And that with Christ she’s gone to reign.
134. White marble; lamb motif. (Barely legible 1997)
In / memory of / Samuel M. / son of Sam’l & Lydia BEARSS / died May 5,1861 / Ae 1 yrs & 5 ds / Dearest Samuel thou hast left us / Here thy less we deeply feel / But tis God that hath bereft us / He can all our sorrows heal.
135. Large Concrete stone.
BIRDSALL / In / memory of / Jacob BIRDSALL / born Nov. 5th, 1780 / died March 22nd 1855 / Phebe BIRDSALL / born Feb. 26th 1800 / died Oct. 17th 1864 / At Rest.
136. White marble rectangular stone; willow motif.
In memory of / Elizabeth / wife of / William KINCH / who died / Nov. 26, 1853 / aged 79 yrs & 7 m / Behold and see as you pass by / As you are now so once was I / As I am now so you must be / Prepare for death and follow me. (Verse buried in ground – 1997)
137. Small White marble rectangular; lamb motif.
In memory of / Ellen / Daughter of / Albert & Mary / McKENNY / died / Jan. 18,1861 / Rest of the stone is buried.
138. White marble rectangular stone; clasped hands motif, floral motif
To the memory of / Albert McKINNEY / died Nov. 30, 1865 / aged 36 yrs & 26 dys / Yet we hope to meet thee. When the day of life is fled / Then in Heaven with joy to greet thee / Where no farewell tear is shed.( verse illegible – 1997)
139. White marble; willow motif.
In memory of / Malissa / dau of John & Elizabeth / MACK / who died / Oct. 3, 1855 / Ae 3 yrs 2 ms 23 ds / also Nancy Ann / their daughter / died Sept. 26, 1855 / Ae 1 yrs 5 ms 26 ds.
140. White marble; pointing finger motif, roses design
May We Meet Again In Heaven (on top)/ In memory of / Mary Ann / wife of / Jas JOHNSON / died / Jan. 13, 1867 / AE 66 yrs.
141. White marble; pointing finger – roses motif.
Gone Home / In / memory of / James JOHNSON / died / May 7, 1866 / aged 86 yrs 1 mo / & 27 dys / The winter of trouble has passed / The storms of affliction are o’er / His troubles are ended at last / And sorrow and death are no more.
142. White marble headstone; willow motif.
In memory of / D. P. MANN / [ who died / Jan. 4, 1854 / aged 12 yrs / & 4 m.
[ – buried in ground 1997]
143. Large White marble; willow- obelisk – woman praying motif.
In memory of / Eliza / wife of / Tristrum CROSS / who died / June 2, 1860 / AE 49 years / 9 mos & 26 d.
144. White marble; broken stone; hand holding rose motif; broken
In / memory of / Elsia J. / dau of Wm D. & Eliza J. / MORSE / died / Jan. 11, 1971 / AE 14 yr 4 ms / & 4 ds / One we loved hath left our number / For the dark and silent tomb / Closed her eyes in deathless slumber / ……. illegible
145. Sculptured tree stump on with scroll on top of logs
In memory of / John F. / son of / W. D. & Eliza MORSE / died Jan. 9, 1890 / aged 20 ys 6 ms.
146. Small Gray marble column, triple base, pointed top
(southeast) Wm. H. COOK / died / Oct. 13, 1906 / In his / 60th year / COOK /
(northeast) In / memory of / Charles / COOK / who died / June 25, 1886 / aged 63 yrs / 2 mos & 3 ds / Our parents here lie underground / The dearest friends we ever found / But through the Lord’s unbounded love / We hope to meet in realms above. / COOK on base
(Northwest) In / memory of / Angeline / wife of / Chas COOK / who died / June 15, 1886 / aged 63 years.
147. Gray granite block
William H. (COOK)
148. Five foot tall Cross vault obelisk; triple base(Northwest) In / memory of / Roxanna / wife of / Wm. N. ORTON / Born 1830 / Died 1913.(Northeast) In / memory of / Wm. ORTON / who died / June 21, 1883 / aged / 65 years / & 10 dys / Farewell my wife and children all / From your Father Christ doth call / Mourn not for me it is in vain / To call me to your sight again.(Southwest) In / memory of / H. D. ORTON / who died / Sept 30, 1889 / aged / 81 y’s 3 ms / & 10 ds.(Southeast) George W. / ORTON / 1867-1946 / Alma KNOTT / his wife / 1873-1956 / Von BROWN / 1896-1979 / his wife / Carrie ORTON / 1896-1974 / ORTON /
(Footstones) Alma, George, Carrie, Von.
149. Black granite ground stone. This info on # 148 also.BROWN /(Left) Von C. / June 4, 1894 / Feb. 14, 1979 / (Right) Carrie R. / Nov. 18, 1896 / July 23, 1974.
150. Cross vault obelisk, double base.
(Northeast) Susan / wife of / the late / Eber MILLARD / died / Apr. 11, 1914 / In her / 74th year.
(Southeast) Father / E. D. MILLARD / died / Nov. 1, 1900 / In his 62nd year / He’s at Rest /
(Southwest) Wm. MILLARD / died / May 18, 1889 / aged 26 yrs 8 mos & 12 ds / Thou art resting (remainder illegible).
151. Black granite, concrete base; floral motif; P.O. Austin, Simcoe.
(East) PHILLIMORE / John M. PHILLIMORE / 1848-1936 / Almira Jane / 1852-1895 / Sarah C. / 1852-1928 / wives of / J. H. PHILLMORE.
152. Six foot tall Gray granite, concrete base; floral motif; cross vault obelisk with urn
(Southeast) In / memory / of / E. F. SOPER / died / May 23, 1895 / aged / 70 years / SOPER (on base)
(Northeast) In / memory of / Louis H. / SOPER / died / June 20, 1896 / aged / 23 years.
(Northwest) Robert N. / SOPER / died / Oct. 23, 1903 / in his / 53rd year.
(Southwest) Ann / wife of / E. F. SOPER / died / July 16, 1902 / in her 73rd year.
153. Gray granite, concrete base; floral, beaver and maple leaf.
(South) G.N.R. E. D. MITCHELL / Pte. H. G. RAVIN / Pte. R. G. GRANT / Pte. J. HATCH/ Sgt. G. E. ORTON / Pte. G. MATHEWS / Pte. E. PEARSON / Pte. F. KILMER / Pte. H. THOMPSON / G.N.R. M. J. BENNER / Pte. G. McEWEN / DVR W. H. CLAIRE / Killed in action 1914-1918 / Greater Love hath no man than this / That he lay down his life for his friends / Capt. H. L. SMUCK / Killed in action 1939-1945.
154. Black granite, white granite on concrete base; floral motif; Ideal Monument, London.
Loving memory / ROLOSON / Aaron F. (Tuck) / 1891-1918 / his wife / Esther Marg / SCANLAN / died – 1922 / dau-in-law / Edna HANEY / ROLOSON / 1891-1918 / Remembered by / Alta TOMLINSON.
155. Gray marble, concrete base, white marble lamb.
Calvin Franklin / son of / Leslie & Flossie BRADLEY / died Sept. 30, 1906 / aged 23 mos & 21 dys.
156. Black granite, concrete base; leaf motif, circle with moosehead A.O.F.L.B.C.; Atkinson, Simcoe.
(South) Samuel McGREGOR / died March 20, 1903 / in his 57th year / Lovena SOPER / his wife / 1860-1948 / McGREGOR on base
(North) “M“.McGREGOR –
[St Thomas Times Journal, 8 November 1948, Page 6, c1 – Died – Mrs Samuel McGregor, nee Lovena Soper, 88th year, Nov 6, daughter of Levi Soper; mother of Odber McGregor of Aylmer and the late Mrs Velma (Angus) McCallum; grandmother of Baker McCallum and Donald McCallum. Funeral in Detroit on November 9 1948 and burial on November 10 1948 in Richmond Cemetery from Hughson funeral home.]
157. White marble, white marble base: floral motif in centre
(Left) Ida Mae / McGREGOR / 1864-1946 /
(Right) Williiam H. / McGREGOR / 1858-1952.
158. Concrete scroll on concrete stump, sculptured dove.
Lola Gay / dau of Wm & Ida / McGREGOR / died Oct 12, 1894 / age 22 ys 11 ms 1 day / There’s a fresh little mo… / und ‘neath the willow / Where at evening I wander and / weep. There’s a dear vacant spot / on my pillow where a sweet / little face used to sleep: The- / re were pretty brown eyes but / they slumber in silence be- / neath the dark mound. And the / little pet lamb of our Father has gone to his / Heavenly fold.
159. Gray granite, concrete base; floral motif. Illegible words on topDarling Lee / Son of / Jacob and Annie / PEARSON / died / Nov. 26, 1893 / aged 4 years / 4 mos & 13 dys / Weep not for me my parents dear / I am not dead but / sleeping here / I was not yours but God’s alone / He loved me best and / took me home.
160. Six foot tall Red granite cross vault obelisk; floral motif.
(South) H. J. MATTHEWS / 1862-1902 / D. W. MATTHEWS / 1870 – 1895 / Mother / Gladwise B. MATTHEWS / Oct. 29, 1856 / Jan. 16, 1939 / MATTHEWS on base
(East) In / memory of / Samuel W. / MATTHEWS / who died / Mar. 23, 1891 / age 30 ys / 11 ms & 11 ds. / Honor May / MATTHEWS / died / Apr. 23, 1893 / aged / 25 ys 10 ms /& 12ds.
(West) Harry / MATTHEWS / died / Oct. 6, 1907 / aged 85 years / his wife / Mary M. / WATERS / died Apr. 11, 1919 / aged / 87 years.
161. Red granite, concrete base.
A. E. ANDREWS / 1871-1948 / Bessie / MATTHEWS / wife of / A. E. ANDREWS /1873- 1943.
162. Gray marble double headstone in one piece.(Left) Isabella / wife of / Wm. VEITCH / died / Mar. 17, 1889 / aged 97 yrs & 5 ms /
(Right) Wm. VEITCH / died / Dec. 7, 1892 / aged 97 yrs & 8 ms / Philippeans 1:43.
163. Gray granite military stone: maple leaf and cross.
3108452 Private / Alvin MOORE / 116th Battn C.E. F. / 12th May 1919.
163.1 Black granite ground stone.
MOORE / (Left) Thomas / 1854-1910 / Father (Right) Margaret/ 1866 – 1941/ Mother
164. Gray Granite, badge shaped.
Albert / son of / Thomas & Margrett / MOORE / died Oct. 15, 1894 / aged 8 mos / & 17 days / A little flower of love / That blossomed but to die / Transplanted now above / To bloom with God above. (Barely legible 1997)
165. Red granite, large upright obelisk, triple base(South) “P” / James G. / PAULING / died May 5, 1922 / aged 77 years / Miranda / HOWEY / His wife / died / July 14, 1938 / aged 81 years / PAULING on base
(West) In / memory of / Harry Glen / infant son of / James G. & Miranda / PAULING / who died / Mar. 30, 1883 / aged 5 mos / & 2 days / Norma Beatrice / dau of / James G. & Miranda PAULING / who died / Jan. 12, 1894 / aged 5 yrs / 6 mos & 3 dys / Rest Glen and Norma in happiness rest / Mingling with angels we know thou art blest / Far from the trials that tempt us to stray / God in His mercy has called thee away.
166. White marble, badge shaped; rose motif.Our / Darling / Glen / son of / Jas G. & Miranda / PAULING.
167. White marble; clasped hands motif “FAREWELL”
Mary / beloved wife of / John STORY / died / Aug. 23, 1869 / aged / 80 years / [Dearest Mother thou hast left us / Here thy loss we deeply feel / But tis God that hath bereft us / He can all our sorrows heal.[ – buried 1997]
In / memory of / Elleanor / wife of / J. F. BURGAR / died / Jan. 30, 1865 / aged / 22 yrs 10 mos / 19 ds . verse illegible.[Note: Elleanor BURGAR, daughter of David KEMP and Mary TUTTLE – DH, JJ & CVH October 2006]169. White marbleIn memory of / William J. / son of / John P. & Catharine / BURGAR / who died / Sept. 8, 1850 / aged 18 ys 4 mo / & 11 ds.
170. White marble stone; willow motif; design/symbol in bottom right cornerIn memory of / John P. BURGAR / who died / June 11, 1859 / Ag’d 60 ys 6 mo.
[Note: John Powell BURGAR, son of Joseph BURGAR and Anne ROWLEY – DH, JJ & CVH October 2006]
170. White marble; willow motif; broken.In memory of / Catherine / wife of / John P. BURGAR / who died / Sept. 6, 1875 / aged / 74 ys 8 ms & 2 da / . She has gone that faithful / mother to her happy home / above where there is no pain / or sorrow but where ….
.[Note: Catherine Burgar’s maiden name was COLE – DH, JJ & CVH October 2006]172. White marble; willow motif.
In / memory of / Anner / wife of / Anthony MERON / died May 25, 1864 / aged 41 yrs.
– [all words buried in ground 1997]
173. White marble.
Ruth / wife of A. MERON / died / July 6, 1853 / Ae 27 yrs & 5 ds.
174. White marble; hand holding flowers
In / memory of / Fidela / wife of W. PHILLIMORE / died / Oct. 20, 1870 / AE 47 ys 5 ms / We could not keep her always here / Upon life’s weary path to roam / God called thee to a brighter sphere / And gave thee an eternal home.
[Note: Fidela Phillimore’s maiden name was BURGAR, daughter of John P. & Catherine BURGAR – DH, JJ & CVH October 2006]
175. White marble; willow motif.
In memory of / Parcilla J. / daughter of Nelson / & Mary GRANER / died / Apr. 22, 1854 / aged 1 yr / & 26 d.
176. White marble; willow motif
In / memory of / Ann / beloved wife of / John ENGLISH / daughter of / William & Nancy WALLIS / who died / [May 1, 1854 / aged 21 years / 6 ms & 3 ds / Weep not for me O husband dear / I am not dead but sleeping here / I was not yours but God’s alone / He loved me best & took me home – buried in ground 1997].
177. Large White marble, concrete base; willow and obelisk motif.
In memory of / Wm. CHIVERTON / Died / Mar. 11, 1861 / AE 85 ys 7 ms / & 21 ds.
178. Concrete stone; floral motif; in 10 foot by 25 foot plot surrounded with concrete border
(West) William J. MOORE / 1867-1892 / Shereon son of / Wm. & Ada MOORE / 1892-1893 / Mary M. MOORE-HAUSER / 1856-1911 / beloved mother of / William MOORE HAUSER.
(East) MOORE / John S. MOORE / 1831-1905 / Mary, his wife / 1839- 1867 / John A. MOORE / 1860-1886.
179. White marble rectangular stone; wreath
In memory of / Clara / wife of / James ACRE / who died / Mar. 27, 1856 / dau / Alice Alseby / died Feb. 7, 1886 / Ae 1 m & 9 ds.
180. White marble /(On top) Gone to the better land /
In memory of / Edward MEDCALF / Oct. 10, 1886 / aged / 84 years / Who he sleeps his memory doth live / And cheering comforts to his mourning give / He followed unto as his trust guide / Lived as a Christian as a Christian died.
181. White marble rectangular stone; wreath motif./(On top)/ Gone to a better land /
In memory of / Elizabeth / wife of / Edward MEDCALF / who died / Mar. 18, 1886 / aged / 67 years / In deaths cold arms lies sleeping here / A tender parent & companion dear / In love she lived in peace she died / her life was asked but was denied.
182. White marble rectangular stone; weeping willow and dove motif
In / memory of / Edwd IRWIN / died / May 18, 1867 / AE 23 yrs 1 mo / & 27 ds / Friends and physicians could not save / This mortal body from the grave / Nor can the grave confine it here / When Christ shall bid it to appear.
183. White marble rectangular stone; clasped hand motif / Gone but not forgotten (above hand)
In / memory of / Martha E. / daughter of Edwd & Elizabeth MEDCALF / died Aug. 7, 1883 / aged 12 yrs 7 mo / & 9 ds
184. Concrete peaked top / obelisk
(Left) Francis S. MOORE / born / Dec. 5, 1807 / died / Jan. 10, 1892 /
(Right) Elizabeth beloved wife of / Francis S. MOORE / born June 2, 1812 / died July 8, 1896 / Our parents here lie underground / The dearest friends we ever found / We trust our loss will be their gain / And with Christ have gone to reign/ MOORE on base
185. White marble rectangular stone; willow, arrows, acorns & oak leaves, and clasped hands motif.
In memory of / Isabell J. MOORE / died / July 3, 1864 / AE 21 ys & 5 ms / wife of George MOORE / Infant son of the same died Aug. 4, 1864.
186. White marble rectangular stone; wreath motif.
In / memory of / Mary K. / wife of / Adam PAULING / who died / May 21, 1885 / aged 70 yrs / Alas she has left us her spirit has fled / Her spirit now slumbers above with the dead / Her Saviour has called her … she has gone / Be ye also ready to follow her soon.
187. White marble rectangular stone; double willow and hand holding rose motif. Gone But Not Forgotten (On top)
In / Memory of / Adam PAULING / died Jan. 30, 1867 / AE 48 yrs.
188. Broken stone with base; White rectangular stone with laurel and mourning curtain.
In / memory …. / Eliza Cen… / wife of / James G. PAULING / who died / Jan. 4, 1878 / Aged 31 yrs / verse illegible.
189. Small White marble rectangular stone.
In memory / of / Solomon MOORE / who died Dec. 25 / 1825 / Aged 63 yrs.
190. Gray Marble, open book on pedestal with concrete base.
To the Memory of / Our Mother / Mary McKENZIE / born / Jan. 25, 1816 / died / Aug. 19, 1847 / Her children arise up and / call her blessed. She left husband and children / And those she loved best / To dwell with her Saviour / In Heaven at Rest.
191. White marble with plume and willow motif.
In memory of / Jeremiah MOORE who / died / [Nov. 16, 1854 / AE 73 yrs., 1 mos & 27 ds.
[- buried in ground 1997]
192. Small White marble
(Top) Mother / Sarah POUND / wife of / Jeremiah MOORE / died / June 24, 1857 / aged 72 years.
193. Small White marble
In / Memory of / Wm. MOORE / died / 31 7 mo / aged / 44 yrs.
194. Small Gray marble, rounded top
In / Memory of / Phoebe / wife of / Samuel MINARD / who died / March 7, 1885 / Aged / 75 yrs 3 mos / & 4 days.
195. White marble
KENNEDY (on top) /Peter KENNEDY / 1848-1923 / At Rest / Jennie WIDNER / His Beloved Wife / 1851-1939.
196. Concrete stone with drape across top; scroll with “Lillie” on log on top of drape; H & T Aylmer.
(West) Look up, Lift up (E. L.) / In Memory of / Florence Lillian / dau of /Robert H. & Annie / PROCUNIER / Who died / July 30, 1897 / Age 20 Yrs 5 ms 13 ds / – Blessed are the pure in heart / for they shall see God / PROCUNIER on base
(North) Annie / Beloved wife of / Robert / PROCUNIER / died May 5, 1912 / In her 61st yr / Robert H. / PROCUNIER / died |Apr. 5, 1923 / In his 73d yr.
(East) Dr. Wm. E. PROCUNIER / 1875-1931 / Devoted & Loved Physician / In Nfld for over 20 years / Capt. R.A.M.C. in Great War / “Greater love hath no man”
(South) In / Memory of / Catherine E. / dau of / Robt H. & Annie / PROCUNIER / Who died / July 21, 1874 / Age 1 yr 9 ms / & 26 ds.
197. Red Granite stone on white granite, floral motif
Richard W. BERRY / 1860 – 1938 / Christena J. / 1874 – 1965 / BERRY.
(Northwest) In Memory of / Isabell / SUMMERS MOORE / Who died / Feb. 8, 1939 / 82 yrs.
(Southwest) (On Top) S / In / Memory / of / Rowan SUMMERS / Who died / Jan. 14, 1897 / Aged / 58 ys 5 ms / & 3 days / 2nd son of / Alex & Catherine / SUMMERS / SUMMERS on base
(Footstone) Isabel [not there 1997]199. Large Gray granite stone on triple base
(East & West) GODWIN
(Footstones) Ida M. GODWIN / 1860 – 1954; Henry T. GODWIN / 1850 – 1918200. Concrete stone, floral design at bottom
Entered into Rest / April 3rd 1901 / Rev. George MASON / Aged 60 years / for twenty four years the beloved Pastor of the Malahide and Bayham Baptist Church / Ann MASON / Born Feb. 9, 1837 / Died Dec. 12, 1915 / Faithful Servant of Jesus Christ / MASON on base
201. Red granite on red granite, floral motif with crosses, open book – Holy Bible
He giveth his beloved sleep / Thomas PEARSON / 1835 – 1911 / Cerinda His wife / 1837 – 1923 / Thomas R. PEARSON / 1872-1967 / PEARSON on base
202. Grey marble on concrete with floral motif
Elizabeth / wife of / Andrew / JOHNSON / 1843 – 1904 / JOHNSON.
204. Red granite on white granite base with floral motif and open book
(West) BOYD / J. Nelson / 1893 – 1967 / Viola / 1898 – 1973 / Eva / 1919 – 1919
(East) BOYD / Dwight / 1917 – 1977 / Helen / 1923 – /
205. Gray granite stone on double concrete base with open gate motif and Holy Bible /Atkinson Co., Simcoe.
Nancey S. / wife of / G. F. SILVERTHORN / died / Nov. 6. 1896 / in her / 42nd year / Gone but not / forgotten / SILVERTHORN on base.
206. Black granite stone on concrete base.
(East) GUY / Noel H. GUY / 1887 – 1961 / his wife / Mattie MOORE / 1875 – 1963
(Footstones) (N) Noel, Mattie,(S) Mother / Mercelean / MOORE / 1850 – 1933, Father / John E. / MOORE / 1845 – 1913 /
207. Gray granite on white granite stone with floral motif
(West) Edwy J. MOORE / 1867 – 1911 / Mary P. his wife / 1870 – 1930/ MOORE on base(East) Solomon MOORE / 1837 – 1909
(Footstones) Mother, Father, Uncle.
208. Red granite on concrete base with floral motif;
(West) (On top) “M” / Catharine E. wife of / Jehu MATHEWS / 1845 – 1906 / Jehu MATHEWS / 1842 – 1911 / MATHEWS
(North) Atkinson Co., Simcoe
208.1 Red granite peaked-topped obelisk with triple base, Holy Bible; Atkinson Co. Simcoe
(on top) He giveth his beloved sleep
(South) Claud A. son of / William & Jane SMUCK / 1883-1906 / Jane CAMPBELL / wife of W. H. SMUCK / 1861-1936 / SMUCK /
(West) Wm.H. SMUCK / 1859-1943
209. White marble, willow motif
In Memory of / Albert / son of /Jarvis & Mary MERRILL/ who died / Mar. 5, 1847 / AE 3 yrs & 6 m. / also / Joseph / their son died / [Aug.26. 1850 / AE.1 yr. & 5 m. – buried in ground 1997]
210. Gray marble obelisk with urn broken off
(Southeast) D. Wale & Co. Delhi
(Southwest) In / Memory of / Alexander / MOORE / died / Aug. 2. 1883 / aged 74 yrs.10 ds. / Our parents here lie underground / the dearest friends we ever found / We trust our loss will be their gain / And hope In Heaven to meet again. / MOORE on base
(Northwest) In memory of Elizabeth / wife of / Alex MOORE /Died / Feb.8.1891 aged 77 yrs / 3 mos. 10 dys.
211. White marble, floral and clasped hands motif; broken in two pieces /(On top) Gone to rest /Farewell /
In memory of / Mary Ann /MOORE / who died / July 2.., 188.. / Aged /…. / 7 days / Weep not for me my parents dear / I was not Yours but God’s alone / He loved me best took me home / – / For the Lord knowth the way of the / righteous but the way of the wicked shall perish. /Psalm 14
212. Broken in 3 pieces; white marble, 2 doves and floral motif; Stewart, Ingersol.
Gone But Not Forgotten / In / Memory of / George A. / son of / Solomon & Martha MOORE / …. / Dec. 29, 1870 / AE 21 yrs 26 dys / O lovely son and brother dear / We fell to mourn his absence here / He’s gone, He’s gone to God above / To feed joys and perfect love / Tis better thus but oh twas hard / To give our darling George up / But since it was thy will O Lord / We drank in faith the bitter cup.
213. White marble, open book [verse illegible] /
In memory of / Solomon MOORE / fell asleep in Jesus / Aug.6,1875 /Aged 76 yrs 3 mo /& 1 day
214. White marble, open book.
In memory of / Martha / wife of / Solomon MOORE / fell asleep in Jesus / Aug.24, 1890 / aged 79 years.
215. Gray marble stone
In / Memory of / Rebecca / Beloved wife of / D. M. FOSTER / who died / Feb.27, 1887 / Aged 33 yrs 10 mos / I leave the world without a tear / Save for the friends I hold so dear / To heal their sorrows Lord descend / And to the friendless prove a / friend.
216. White marble, double willow dove, clasped hands motif.
In memory of / William M. / Son of John & Jane / VEITCH / Died / Mar. 28.1865 / age 2 yrs 2 mo / & 1 dy / Beautiful, lovely / He was but given / A fair bud to earth / To blossom in Heaven.
[verse illegible in 1997]
217. Small White marble with willow motif
In memory of / Charlotte / PRATT / Aged 3 yrs.
218. White marble
In / Memory of / Miriam A. HOWELL / who died / Feb. 7 , 1878 / aged / 30 ys. 11 mos. & 17 ds. / Erected / by her brother Walter / Sister; thou art gone to rest / Thine is an early tomb / Jesus summoned thee away / rest is hidden by concrete base.
219. White marble, willow motif
In / Memory of / Eber HOWELL / died / July 2 , 1861 / AE 44 yrs / Bless the Lord O my soul / and forget not all his benefits.
220. Gray marble stone with floral motif, pointed top
In Memory of / Sarah J. / wife of / Eber HOWELL / 1823-1895.
221. Concrete stone and base, leaf design
Mary / wife of / Thomas LAUR / died Feb. 14, 1903 / In her / 83 rd year.
222. White marble, willow & rose motif.
In / memory of / Mary / wife of / John HONSINGER / died / June 25, 1865 / Aged / 73 yrs 1 mo.
223. Concrete round-topped stone, ray design
Eliza J. / wife of / Geo. HONSINGER / Died Aug. 21, 1901 / In her 36th year / HONSINGER
224. Concrete scroll-topped arch & gate motif with closed book on top. /(Above gates) At Rest
226. White marble, roses and anchors motif
In / Memory of / Harlinde ORTON / died / April 9. 1872 / aged / 69 yrs. 10 mos. / 14 days / Dear as thou were and justly dear / We will not weep for thee / One thought shall check the starting tears / The thought that thou art free.
227. White marble stone with floral motif, scroll; Atkinson Co. Simcoe
Rosetta / wife of / Harlinde ORTON / died / Feb. 27, 1892 / In her / 79th year / [ Blessed are the dead / which die in the Lord. – illegible 1997]
229. White marble stone with lamb motif.
In memory of / Frank / son of Miles & Susan / PENNINGTON / who died / Mar.2, 1875 / Aged 5 mo / & 22 ds.230. Red granite peaked-topped obelisk with triple base, Holy Bible on top. Atkinson Co., Simcoe
(South) He giveth his beloved sleep / Claud A. son of / William & Jane SMUCK / 1883-1906 / Jane CAMPBELL / wife of W. H. SMUCK / 1861-1936 / SMUCK on base(West) Wm. H. SMUCK / 1859-1943231. Black granite stone with white granite base(West) Ernest LEE / 1873-1951 / his wife / Daisy Bell LEE / 1872-1947 / LEE /(Footstone) Daisy
232. Gray marble scroll
Our darling / Dell / beloved dau. of / James & Addie / GLOVER / died May 20, 1899 / Age 5 ys. 8 mos. 23 ds.
233. Concrete peaked-topped obelisk with base
“P” / William PHILLMORE / died Nov.2, 1903 / Aged 84 years / Mary FOLLICK / died Mar.28, 1919 / In Her 95th / PHILLMORE on base234. Concrete round topped stone, sculpted rays
Thomas E. PETTMAN / died / July 16th 1902 / Aged 49 years / his wife / Anna C. PHILLMORE / died Sept. 11, 1945 / In her 94th year / PETTMAN on base
235. Gray obelisk with double base , open Holy Bible on top
(Southwest) Robt. A. MOORE / died / Sept. 11, 1899 / In his / 39th year.
(Northwest) MOORE on base
236. Concrete Sculptured log, scroll design
Emma M. / wife of / Charles E. BINGHAM / 1869-1918
237. Marble Column with ball on top and double base. [ ball missing in 1997]
(West) In memory of / Elizabeth / RIBBEL / wife of / T. E. MOORE / April 3, 1858 / June 11, 1939.
(South) Masonic Symbol – In memory of / Thomas E. / MOORE / who died / Feb. 8, 1899 / In his 40th year / MOORE on base(North) At Rest.
238. Concrete stone.
In memory of / Hall NEVILLE / who died Jan 20, 1899 / Aged 49 ys 5 ms 27 ds / At Rest / Eliza Jane / his wife / died Nov 12, 1944 / Aged 90 ys 11 ms 18 ds / NEVILLE on base
[Note: Eliza Jane (HORLEY) (NEVILLE) JOHNSON was the widow of second husband Humphrey JOHNSON of Springfield when she died – BCJ]
239. Concrete cross-vault obelisk, triple base
(Southwest) In / Memory of / Idalia / wife of / Elijah POUND / born / June 1, 1799 / died / Apr. 8, 1896 / Melvina / dau of / Elijah & Idalia / POUND, died Apr. 18, 1906 / In her 85th yr / Blessed are the dead / who die in the Lord / POUND on base
(Southeast) William F. / POUND / died / July 23, 1960 / Minnie D. / died / Oct. 8 1960.
(North-east) In / Memory / of / Adelia L. / POUND / died / June 11, 1934 / Aged 77 ys / Amelia / POUND / died / Mar. 5, 1936 / Aged 77 ys / Faithful unto death /
(North-west) In / memory of / Wm POUND / died / Apr. 19, 1901 / Aged 74 ys / 1 mo 15 ds / Susan beloved wife / of the above / died / Feb. 25, 1919 / Aged 92 ys / & 2 ms
240. Red granite scroll-topped obelisk with double base, gates and arch motif, closed book on top.
(South) Holy Bible / At Rest (above gate)/ Aaron J. DALBY / s/o John & Ann DALBY / 1847- 1931 / Hannah M. / His wife / 1864-1934 / DALBY on bas [Hannah M. nee HANKINSON]
(West) Ann / wife of / J. DALBY / 1819-1900
(East) John DALBY / 1810-1882 / Atkinson Co., Simcoe.
(Footstones) Mother, Father
241. Red granite on white granite
(South) TODD / Abram TODD / 1840-1924 / his wife / Mary A. McKOY / 1853-1922 / John W. their son / 1886-1951
(North) Melvin S. TODD / 1889-1976 / his wife / Gladys G. WOODWORTH / 1891-1957/ Joseph J. KIRBY / 1917 – / his wife / Helen Mary TODD / 1917 – /
242. Red granite
(West) HOLTBY / John HOLTBY / 1879-1962 / His wife / Pearl E. FIRBY/ 1879-1955 / Infant son William / Aged 5 months
(Footstones) Mother, Father, William
(East) (Left) HOLBROOK / Mervel/ 1912 – 1993 / His wife / Violet HOLTBY/ 1921 /
(Right) HOLTBY / Weston Firby/ 1906 – 1996 / His wife/ Florence LEWIS/ 1912
Footstones: Weston, Florence, Mervel
243. Gray granite vault-topped stone; Atkinson Co., Simcoe
/ Margaret Ann / wife of / Robt C. HERRIES / 1851-1907 / Robt. C. HERRIES / 1843-1923 / HERRIES on base “H”
/ (Left) In Memory of / Minerva / wife of / Z. J. PETTMAN / died Jan. 18, 1909 / In her 54th year/ Z. J. PETTMAN / died / Sept. 30, 1915 / In his / 66th year / PETTMAN on base “P”
245. Gray marble sloped-top obelisk with closed Holy Bible on top
(West) Samuel / IRWIN / 1846-1910 / – / Agnes / his wife / 1849-1904 / IRWIN
(East) Ora 1888-1900 / -/ Lillian / born & died 1872/ children of S.& A. IRWIN
246. Concrete scroll on pile of stones, floral motif.
Ora Lee / Beloved dau. of / Samuel & Agnes / IRWIN / died Oct 29, 1900 / Age 12 ys 7 ms 4 ds / No more we’ll hear at morn / her feet upon the stair / Death hath our Ora borne / To worlds more fair.
Jesse L. / HATCH / 1849 – 1910 / his wife / Sarah A. HATCH / 1855 – 1935 / Letitta A. dau / 1897 – 1901.
(Footstones) Mother, Father
248. Large Red Granite stone, floral motif; Hutchison, Aylmer.
/ RIDDELL / Andrew B. RIDDELL M.D. / 1860-1923 / Susie F. RIDDELL / 1884-1932 / Daughters / Margaret E. RIDDELL / 1917- / L. Gwyn LOCKE / 1908 – 1987.
(Footstones) Father, Mother, Margaret, Gwyn. “R”
249. Large Black Granite stone, torch design at side
(West) FIRBY / Joseph M. FIRBY / 1851-1907 / Sarah Ellen FIRBY / 1853-1936 / Florence E. FIRBY / 1916-1918 / Mary A. FIRBY / 1879-1919 / William W. FIRBY / 1876-1952
(East) Seward YOUNG / 1882-1954 / Margaret A. YOUNG / Mar. 31, 1878 – Feb. 27, 1939 / Frances B. FIRBY / 1898-1969 / wife of / Wray B. FIRBY / 1900-1984
(Footstones) Father, Mother, Frances, Mother, Father, Florence, Father, Wray
250. Red Granite on double base, floral motif; Hutchison, Aylmer
(South) Hiram LAUR / 1859-1927 / Eliza Jane LAUR / 1862-1932 / Mary / beloved dau of / Hiram & Jane LAUR, / 1886-1911/ Safe in the arms of Jesus / LAUR on base
(North) Lottie May / NEWELL / 1882-1934 / Herbert NEWELL / 1873-1952 / NEWELL on base
(Footstones) Herbert, Lottie,
(Concrete block) Infant of Herbert & Lottie NEWELL
251. Red Granite on concrete base; Hutchison, Aylmer.
(West) Mahlon D. CARTER / 1829-1910 / Tryphenia MARTIN / wife of Mahlon D. CARTER / 1834-1908 / Eliphelet CARTER / 1851-1924 / Annie J. DALBY / wife of / Eliphelet CARTER / 1855-1938 / CARTER on base
(East) Nellie M. CARTER / 1883-1946 / CARTER on base
252. Red Granite; floral motif
COHOON / Emerson K. / 1856-1950 / Jane, nee POUND / his wife / 1860-1939.
(Note: The obituary for Susan COHOON, the mother of Emerson above, is given in the Aylmer Express, Aug. 22, 1907. She is given as having died “Tuesday last” which would be August 13. She was in her 83rd year and would have been born in 1825. She was buried at the Richmond Cemetery but no monument exists. Her husband, Stephen COHOON, was born Dec. 14, 1820 in Queens County, Nova Scotia and died at Malahide Twp., 26 Feb. 1900 at age 79. No monument has been found for him either. – J.M., Feb., 2004)
253. Red Granite on white Granite; floral motif; Anderson, Aylmer
(West) WINTERS / Frank / 1891-1961 / wife / Elizabeth / 1905-1982.
(East) Sylvia wife of / Frank WINTERS / 1897-1925 / children / Fern & Russell /
254. White marble on concrete base.
(North) Daniel Cress / FLOTO / 1874-1967 / his wife / Eva MOORE / 1883-1969 / Their son / 1903 Harold D. 1979 / his wife / 1904 Valerie W. 1984
(South) floral and open gate motif. /“M” / In memory of / Sidney A. MOORE / 1853-1932 / his wife / Clara RIBBLE / 1872-1955 / MOORE on base
(East) David F. / MOORE / Aug 5, 1904 / Aug. 30, 1911
Footstones: Dan, Eva
255. Concrete tree stump with floral motif.
In memory of / Hugh HERRIES / died May 3, 1893 / aged 79 years / 2 ms & 3 ds / Margaret Ann / nee MURRAY / wife of the above / died Oct 9, 1894 / aged 45 years / HERRIES.
256. White marble
Joseph McCALLUM / died / 9th Dec. 1860 / aged / 77 yrs 2 mo / & 15 days.
257. White marble, floral motif and hand holding Holy Bible. Teale & Weeke, London.In / memory of / Elizabeth E. / wife of / Joseph McCALLUM / died / Dec.. 14, 1868 / aged / 77 yrs 6 ms & 6 ds / The battle is o’er. The victory won.
Burials without Monuments
ACRE – St Thomas Times Journal, 10 February 1920, Page 7, c5 – Died – Mrs Jane ACRE, nee TRIBE, Feb 7, mother of Lewis ACRE and Mrs Wesley GALE. Funeral February 11 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH May 2011
BLUNDELL – St Thomas Times Journal, 31 August 1957, Page 7, c4 – Died – Earl Gordon BLUNDELL, 55 years, Aug 31, brother of Mrs Mary WOOLLEY, Miss Elida FROST and William HUNTER. Funeral September 2 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH July 2013BRANDOW – St Thomas Times Journal, 9 August 1923, age 6, c1 – Died – Infant son of Andrew BRANDOW, August 6. Funeral August 7 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH August 2006
BRANDOW – St Thomas Times Journal, 25 January 1926, Page 1, c6 – Died – Ruth BRANDOW, 16 months, January 23, daughter of Andrew BRANDOW; survived by parents, 4 step-brothers and once step-sister, not named. Funeral January 26 1926 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH October 2005
BRANDOW – St Thomas Times Journal, 3 May 1956, Page 7, c3 – Died – Mrs Mary Pearl BRANDOW, nee MITTS, 74th year, May 3, wife of Andrew BRANDOW; widow of George VANATTER; daughter of Benjamin MITTS; mother of Ray, Carmen and George VANATTER, Mrs Gretta HARDWICK, Mrs Ed (Ada) JONES and Mrs James (Leona) LOCKWOOD and the late Gerald VANATTER; sister of Melvin, Ed, Jack and Morley MITTS, Mrs Nellie CROWE, Mrs Myrtle ACRE and Mrs Minty STALEY. Funeral May 5 to Richmond West Cemetery. No monument found – CVH January 2013
CASCADDEN – St Thomas Times Journal, 22 July 1948, Page 7, c2 – Died – Miss Lilly Luella CASCADDEN, 81st year, July 22, daughter of Hugh & Laura CASCADDEN, nee ANGER. Funeral from Sifton Funeral Home July 24 1948 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH May 2004
COOK – St. Thomas Times Journal, 8 December 1938, page 10, c. 2, Died – Samuel O. COOK, 79 years, Dec 7, son of Noel COOK; brother of Henry F. COOK; Uncle of Mrs Bert GREEN and Mrs SIMON, William R. COOK and Harold M. COOK. Funeral Friday December 9 1938 from Allen Funeral Home, Aylmer to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH May 2004
COOK – St Thomas Times Journal, 4 April 1922, Page 4, c2 – Died – Wim COOK, 79 years, March 31, father of Mrs James ROBERTSON. Funeral April 2 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH September 2006
FRANKLIN – St Thomas Times Journal, 11 February 1953, Page 7, c5 – Died – George FRANKLIN, 90 years, Feb 11, father of the late Mrs Mona MEHARG. Funeral February 13 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH August 2011
GALE – St Thomas Times Journal, 20 February 1920, Page 7, c5 – Died – Mrs Wesley GALE, nee ACRE, Feb 9, daughter of Mrs Jane ACRE; mother of James and George GALE; sister of Lewis ACRE. Funeral February 11 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH May 2011
HIGH – St Thomas Daily Times, 5 November 1907, Page 4, c3 – Funeral – Son of Lincoln HIGH. Burial Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH May 2008
HUNTER – St Thomas Times Journal, 28 September 1920, Page 1, c1 – Died – Mrs Iva Jane HUNTER, 42 years, Sept 28, wife of George HUNTER; mother of Mary Elizabeth, Lydia May and William Arthur; sister of John and James JOHNSTON and Mrs William DAWSON. Funeral September 29 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH July 2011
JOHNSON – St Thomas Times Journal, 27 May 1924, Page 6, c1 – Died – Grace Bernice JOHNSON, 1 yr 9ms, May 24, daughter of John JOHNSON; sister of Lloyd, Frank, Dee, Mabel, Jean and Hazel JOHNSON. Funeral May 25 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH June 2006
LEONARD – St Thomas Times Journal, 29 September 1959, Page 5, c3 – Died – Robert Wayne Martin LEONARD, 18 days, Sept 28, infant son of James Martin & Sharon LEONARD, nee BRUNSDON of Port Bruce. Funeral September 30 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH May 2014
McCOLLUM – St Thomas Daily Times, 14 March 1913, Page 4, c3 – Died – Miss Phoebe McCOLLUM, 90 years, Mar 11, sister of Martha McCOLLUM; aunt of Berta and George DOAN. Funeral March 13 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH March 2007
MILLS – St Thomas Times Journal, 5 March 1947, Page 6, c2 – Funeral – R. Granville MILLS, March 4 1947 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH September 2004
MOORE – St Thomas Evening Journal, 29 May 1906, Page 4, c2 – Died – Edward MOORE, 51st year, May 26, son of Alex MOORE. Funeral May 29 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH July 2008
MOORE – St Thomas Times Journal, 11 June 1923, Page 7, c3 – Died – Mrs James MOORE, 47th year, June 9. Funeral June 12 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH August 2006
MORSE – St Thomas Times Journal, 4 February 1922, Page 6, c2 – Died – Charles Alfred MORSE, 9 months, Feb 2, infant son of William MORSE; grandson of A. E. MORSE. Funeral February 5 to Bayham Cemetery. No monument found – CVH February 2009
MORSE – Allen Funeral Home Record – Evelyn J. MORSE, 4 years 4 months 8 days, 24 June 1936, daughter of W. & Joy MORSE, nee FIRBY. Buried June 25 1936 in Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – JM & CVH January 2010
MORSE – St Thomas Times Journal, 28 July 1948, Page 6, c1 – Died – Miss Edna MORSE, 90th year, July 28, daughter of W. D. & Eliza MORSE, nee CASCADDEN; sister of Mrs Olive JONES and Miss Lottie MORSE. Funeral from Hughson Funeral Home July 31 1948 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH May 2004
PEARSON – St Thomas Times Journal, 31 January 1921, Page 7, c2 – Funeral – Jacob L. PEARSON, Jan 30 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH November 2006
PEARSON – St Thomas Times Journal, 24 December 1931, Page 16, c1 – Died – Clarence PEARSON, Dec 24, infant son of Ellis PEARSON; brother of Christopher, Gerald and Ronald PEARSON; grandson of Mrs Mary VanHORNE. Funeral December 26 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH January 2009
TYLER – TAYLOR – St Thomas Times Journal, 4 July 1938, Page 9, c8 – Died – Mrs Margaret Kilmer TYLER, nee CASCADDEN, 89 years, July 3, mother of Mrs May KILMER; sister of Mrs Nancy ANGER, Lily CASCADDEN and Mrs Robert KINCH; aunt of Mrs Edward LIGHTFOOT and Mrs Burton DONALDSON. Funeral July 6 to Richmond Cemetery
VANATTER – St Thomas Times Journal, 9 September 1921, Page 6, c2 – Funeral – George C. VANATTER, Sept 10 to Richmond Cemetery. No monument found – CVH December 2006